Did you know that La Capitale offers a number of different loan options? Discover our products and attractive rates!
Fixed Rate Mortgage
If you're the kind of person who likes to plan ahead and avoid unpleasant financial surprises, take out a fixed rate mortgage and enjoy a fixed interest rate for the duration of the term you select. That way, you know the amount of your payments in advance and can rest easy.
HBP LOAN (Home Buyer's Plan)
Dreaming of becoming a homeowner but don't have enough for a down payment? No problem! The HBP (Home Buyer's Plan) can help you become a homeowner by allowing you to withdraw up to $25,000 from your RRSP tax free.
If you don't have the entire $25,000 amount, there is another avenue available to you if you haven't been able to fully contribute to your RRSP and have accumulated allowable contributions since 1991. You can turn those thousands of dollars into considerable tax savings by borrowing the amount corresponding to your unused allowable contributions to attain $25,000 and depositing it into your RRSP. To repay the loan, you withdraw the money via the HBP with no tax deducted at source. Because this sum is considered an RRSP contribution, you can deduct it from your taxable income and use the resulting tax refund to increase your down payment.
Want to invest more money in your RRSP without tightening your belt? La Capitale makes it easy to quickly access the money you may need to increase your retirement capital with RRSP loans.
Other product features:
- Competitive interest rates guaranteed for a minimum of 90 days, with a rate reduction upon signature of the loan if market conditions warrant
- Preauthorized mortgage to facilitate the negotiation of your purchase and possibility of an HBP loan for first-time home buyers
- Convenient payment methods: Preauthorized payments or payroll deductions (if offered by employer)
- Flexible payment schedules: Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly on the date of your choice
- Possibility of paying down the principal throughout the term to a maximum of 15% per calendar year
- Capitale Plus Option: Depending on your contract, you may either re-borrow the principal already repaid or borrow part of the appreciated value of your property to renovate, repay a debt, or finance any other project that's important to you
- No transfer, renewal, or monthly administrative fees
- Mortgage life insurance and disability insurance available upon request
- Direct access to our subsidiary, La Capitale General Insurance Inc., for coverage of your home and personal property